Naomi House & Jacksplace has been selected as BioHorizons Camlog UK & Ireland’s chosen charity for the 2022 National Symposium – with the proceeds of all delegate fees pledged to benefit the charity and the families it supports.
Set within the stunning grounds of Sutton Manor in Winchester, Naomi House & Jacksplace offers invaluable respite, end-of-life care and bereavement support to children and young adults with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions, as well as their families.
First established in 1997, Naomi House is dedicated to supporting children from birth to 16 years of age. With 11 spacious bedrooms and 5 additional family rooms, they provide personalised, expert nursing and medical care with the sole purpose of allowing affected families to make the most of their precious time together. With a range of bespoke spaces for music and sensory therapy, art and messy play, hydrotherapy, emotional support as well as a calendar of exciting events and outings, the team are there for every step of the journey.
The first time I walked into Naomi House, it was so welcoming and inviting and I felt so relaxed. I knew it was somewhere that we could come and be happy. You realise it is there for the good days, as well as for the sad days.”
– Bev, mum of Bonnie who visits Naomi House & Jacksplace.
Find out what Naomi House & Jacksplace truly means to local families in need by reading Bonnie’s Story. Bonnie was born with severe brain damage and mum, Bev, was told to take her baby home and keep her happy. They didn’t expect her to live longer than a month. That was 30 years ago. This is Bonnie’s Story >>>.
At Jacksplace, which features 7 bedrooms complete with specialist beds, hoists and state-of-the-art ensuite bathrooms, the incentive is to provide teens and young adults with a sense of independence and normality in their day-to-day life. Offering the same range of care available at Naomi House, it also meets the medical and emotional needs of those in care.
Built in 2010 to meet the growth in demand for its services as a result of more children reaching adulthood due to advances in medicine, it is the only hospice for young adults in the region. As well as the ‘in-house’ services it provides, Jacksplace also organises a number of off-site social and cultural activities to enable young people to meet and engage with their peers, nurturing friendships and shared experiences.
Learn more about Jacksplace in this short film created entirely by the young people it supports.
Each year it costs the charity £7.2 million to deliver these vital services, which benefit almost 600 families annually. Only 10% of this is covered by funding, leaving 90% to be met by fundraising.
For BioHorizons Camlog UK & Ireland, supporting a charity that benefits all facets of the community, regardless of social status, was paramount. Naomi Pleasants, Marketing Manager, BioHorizons Camlog UK & Ireland explains:
Naomi House & Jacksplace do so much for families and children with life limiting illnesses – providing services that are often underappreciated until personally needed – making them, in our eyes, a truly worthy charity partner. Donating 100% of all fees raised through our National Symposium bookings is just one of the ways we will be supporting them this year.”
While only a small proportion of their annual fundraising requirement, your £150 delegate fee for the 2022 National Symposium could allow a child or young adult to get out of their wheelchair for a dip in our hydrotherapy pool, or fund a valuable 7 hours of expert nursing care at Naomi House & Jacksplace. You can find out more about where proceeds go by talking to a representative from Naomi House & Jacksplace at the Symposium.
For more information or to book your space on the BioHorizons Camlog UK & Ireland 2022 National Symposium for £150 where all proceeds will go to Naomi House and Jacksplace click here.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.